Sunday, March 30, 2008

Strep Throat, Any One?

So, last saturday after all of the fam left I started to have a bit of a scratchy throught. No biggy really. I got a little bit more uncomfortable as the day went on but we didn't think it was anything serious. Then I woke up Sunday morning unable to breathe, swallow and talk! Can you say awesome?! So Eric rushed me to the little after hours clinic in Draper and the Lady made me open my mouth and she said "WOW!I will swab your throught, but I know that you have strep." She told me that my tonsils were bleeding and that I should get them out. Yikes! I am not so sure that I want to have that done. So after the doctor and getting some medicine I spent the rest of the day on the couch taking medicine and sleeping away my easter weekend. You want to know what is really crazy? I had strep the exact same time last year. No Joke! I think its out to get me! So I hope everyone else had a better easter than we did.

2 comments:

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Oh my poor Chelsie!! I get strep at least a couple times a year and I have had my tonsils out... I am SO sorry! Strep is seriously the most contagious, painful, least fun thing ever. It must have been super painful if you had your tonsils bleeding! Hope your feeling better!

Kristen said...

Oh Sweetie!!! I can really feel for you! Strep is the worst and I used to get it a lot...NEVER have I had the tonsils bleed. I hope the meds have kicked in and strep is HISTORY! We miss seeing your cute face, by the way!