Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!!



I just thought that today I would post a few things about this amazing person that I call Dad.

Through out my life, my dad has been a constant source of faith, love, encouragement, selflessness, problem solving, a listening ear, commitment, fun and a friend. I could not have asked for anyone better to put up with me than him. He has always been someone that I want to be like and I feel like if I even get close to half that I should be ok. He is the strongest person that I know. Through personal trials and just plain old life, he comes out on top every time. I just want to share with you some of the things that he has done for me over the years.

When I was about 5 years old, my family moved from Paul, Idaho to Salt Lake City since my grandparents had moved there and my mom wanted to be close to her family. My dad's business was still in Paul and so he would leave every Sunday night after we went to bed and then would come home every Thursday night. This made it really difficult for Dad to be able to make it to things like softball games, school plays, choir and piano recitals, and all of those midweek activities that seem to always be going on. You would have never guessed that it was hard on him at all because from the way I remember it, he was at every single one he could be too. The only times he didn't make it where when he was on a business trip, but he made sure that you knew that he wanted to be there more than anything in the world. You always knew that no matter what you were his first priority. The thing that you should know is that he would drive at least 6 hours every night that he did this. He would leave work in the afternoon and then he would drive all the way back to work that night. Thank you Dad for always making me feel so important.



Another thing that I have been taught is that family is the most important thing in all the world. Things will come and go, life will come and go, but your family will always be there and they are the most important. Dad has always shown that to us. You will always know that you are the most important thing in his life no matter how much you mess up or hurt him, you always know that he loves you and that he will be there for you no matter what. He might call you a "Churnhead" or a few other names, but you still know that he loves you.

Dad has always showed by example that helping others, selflessness and service is how life is suppose to work. I have never met someone so eager and willing to help people and is always finding someone in need or helping his family. Dad has often asked that for Christmas that we don't spend money on gifts for him, but to pull together and find someone that could use Christmas more than him and help them. He is always teaching by his example that this is important.

If you have ever met dad you would know that this man loves to have fun. He is always up for a party and having a good time. There is definitely never a dull moment in the life of the beebster.


Well, now that I have rambled on and could still keep going I better stop now since I have probably embarrassed him. I just want to say Happy Fathers Day Dad! I love you so much and thanks for everything you have taught me and for your love and support over the years. You are so amazing and I don't know where I would be without you. You have always been such and amazing example in everything that you do. You deserve to have a wonderful day and I am sorry that I can't be there to share it with you. So here is my tribute to you. I love you so much!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Chelsie-
I really love your dad! Hope that's not weird coming from a friend, but I remember hanging out at your house, and admiring what a great dad he was. Fun, caring, compassionate, patient and kind. He took us all over the place and was good with us girls.
You are lucky, and I know I don't have to tell you that.
Hope you're having a good day girl!
I'm coming to UT starting on Tues. I'll be there for 3 weeks, but avail for the first 2 (June 17-July 1). I would love to get together and chat or have lunch with you!!

Trav and Elise said...

Hey! Our dad is quite the guy! Amen sister. Especially the churnhead part! Love, Elise

Emily said...

But...you are a churnhead! Just kidding!! What a guy, huh!