Monday, April 4, 2011

Long time...No see/Post

Well, Im not even really sure of where to start. It has been over a year since I have posted something on here. I guess I just sort of felt like everything I was doing was really boring. Then life gets to crazy and you really don't have the time, its sort of a viscious circle, ya know? So, anyways...I am going to try and start up again and be a little bit better about keeping up with our life. I think that I am going to try and start a cooking blog. I have been really enjoying that lately and I guess that it would be something easy to blog because I am passionate about it and love it. Plus, now that our life is sort of in limbo I have a lot more free time to do the things that I love and that make life so happy.
I am going to kind of give a little bit of back story to why I have so much free time on my hands.
In the beginning of Sept. Eric's company told us that they wanted us to move to Portland. We were really excited. They sent us up there on some fun trips and we checked out some areas and got a little bit more familiar with Portland. So, we got all of our stuff packed up a little early and when to stay with my parents for a while so that we could spend some quality time with the family before the big move. Well, several months have come and gone and we are still living with my parents. They have been really wonderful through all of this crazy commotion.
So, what happened with his job was that they went through some wierd lay off periods and there budget got a little tighter than they had anticipated and so they put our move on hold for a while. We still have a job, so that is good. Plus, we have been able to spend a lot of time with our family and that has been really cool. I have had a lot more time to do the things I want to do. I am so so so happy. We have also been able to save some money, so that is also a happy thing , right? Gotta love that!
So, basically that is our story right now. If you are still reading this, you are a champ and should go and get yourself a treat. Hopefully, I will post again before another year has past. I am not promising anything, though.
So until next time...stay cool.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Chels! :) You are so funny...I think I will go get myself a treat. :) I'm hoping we'll make it down to Burley before you guys take off! I would LOVE to see you guys! Hope everything works out great with the job...I"m so jealous that you get to live in Portland! Such a pretty place!

Lauren said...

I may or may not have gone into shock when I saw an updated post. Ok yes I did I went into shock!

Ben + Laur said...

I'm so happy you are back blogging!! As lame as it sounds I check about once a month to see if you have updated... OH YAY!!