Sunday, July 19, 2009

Elder David Burtenshaw


Left us standing extremely proud and with tears streaming down our faces, 2 years ago at the Twin Falls Airport. He was on his way to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He would be serving in the Burmingham, England mission. I remember standing there that day watching him wave out to us from the airplane window thinking " This is going to be the longest 2 years of my life. It is going to be so hard to have him gone." Don't get me wrong. I was so proud of him, but I was going to miss him terribly. 2 years have gone by and I am very proud to announce that he is going to be coming home on Wednesday July 22nd at 6:00 pm. He has served so faithfully, and is definitely coming home with honor. It has been such an amazing experience for me to read his letters and to watch him really grow up. He is turning into such a great man. Yikes!I just called him a man! My little brother is growing up! Congratulations David!!! You did it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay!! How exciting!! :) YOu guys must be so anxious! It seems like he has been gone forever!!!