Monday, February 16, 2009

Fear Not I Am With Thee...Oh Be Not Dismayed.

Its amazing how one phrase can make you feel so safe and that things will work out. Yesterday in primary we were learning the 3rd verse to the hymn How Firm A Foundation. I have had this song memorized since I was a teenager. It was one of my moms favorite hymns and today I really  understood why.  There is such a power in the words of these verses. I think that sometimes in life we feel like we are all alone and that nobody understands what we are going through. The savior does know what we are going through. In this verse of the song he says, " Fear not I am with thee, oh be not dismayed. For I am the God and will still give the aid. I will strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand. Up held by my righteousness, omnipotent hand." What powerful words. How can you not help but feel his comfort and love from them. I have just not been able to stop thinking about this verse so I thought that I would share. 

3 comments:

Merz said...

I hope you don't mind I found your blog off someone elses! I love your post I do love that song. It has been one of my favorites for along time. We havn't see eachother for awhile. Whats up with that?

Tyler and Jess said...

Chels thanks for the great post! I think this is something everyone needs to hear now and again.

Emily said...

Amen sista! How true it is. I love that song as well. We are so blessed to have a knowledge of our Heavenly Father who loves us and helps us through our trials. Thanks for sharing.